Sunday, March 26, 2017

New art! Birthing the Feminine

I began this painting as a part of my theological course work last summer.  For the last several months it has been in my bedroom-everyday-unfinished. I could see the breasts and the vulva of the woman emerging from the red streaked paint. But I knew that it was not finished. There was something more that needed to come forth.... I appropriately titled it "Birthing the Feminine" and gave it time.

As I allowed myself to walk into the unknown of the artistic process this morning, I thought I was painting an angel. Instead I suddenly stepped back and noticed that an embryo appeared in the art. What a beautiful thing to see today.

The feminine is birthing. There is new life in a womb of nutrient-rich colorful glory. Thanks be to God!

"Birthing the Feminine"
Original art by Heather Thompson Blue Phoenix Art
2017
48 x 60

No comments:

Post a Comment