Thursday, February 2, 2017

Getting REAL

I am sharing this on my blog because we need more strong voices committed to radical self LOVE. A friend of mine recently passed away of Cancer. His facebook page was REAL and his insights included both the challenges of living with a terminal illness while discussing the perspective one learns from walking such a hard road.

Therefore, I am going to dare to be even MORE REAL on this page and share my journey that includes Dysautonomia, TBI and other health issues....because we are all meant to live as fully integrated human beings.

So here goes - I'm going to be on steroids for a bit. Low dose. Hydrocortisone. I was on steriods last summer for sudden hearing loss, and it was terrible. Now, I've got temporary adrenal insufficiency exacerbated by Dysautonomia and it needs to be treated. This has caused me to be very sick for about 3 months now. I've tried to tough it out but at some point the body NEEDS support. On hydrocortisone, I can finally eat again. I don't need iv fluids every 2 days either.

But it's important that i say something right out of the gates this time....I might swell a little from the steroid (or NOT). No matter what my body looks like (too big or too little or perfect or just right or scary skinny.....I've heard it all)....comments about my body are simply not welcome. I've decided to be grateful for my body. I just lost a dear friend to cancer-I don't have cancer. I'm not dying. That's perspective.

So today, i'm choosing radical love-which means finally loving the body that my soul inhabits.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” - Marianne Williamson

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment