Wednesday, September 27, 2017

A Lesson from Hildegard of Bingham

Did you know that Hildegard had sensory "visions" from the time she was a small child? She describes them as "internal" sensory experiences. This sounds like synesthesia to me.
Then she felt the "call" - to write down her sensory experiences. But she didn't...out of humility, fear, and playing small. It was after being "laid flat" with a terrible illness at the age of 42 that she finally started writing. And as she wrote, she healed.
Oh my, so much to be learned from this Mystic. I shall keep writing, keep painting, and keep using my voice no matter how silly it seems to me...and no matter how much I tell myself to shut up, be quiet, stop saying so much....no....I shall keep going. 

Original Art by Heather Thompson, Blue Phoenix Art

No comments:

Post a Comment