Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Blue Diamonds for a Blue Phoenix

Many of you know that I have wanted a blue phoenix tattoo, a very large one, for quite some time. Blue phoenix is the name of my art studio, so it holds special meaning for me on many different levels. The blue signifies calm, compassion, tranquility, and the Yin of water. The Phoenix represents Yang, fire, transformation, the chinese feminine, resurrection, and Ascension.

My immune system is not in a place to tolerate the addition of a tattoo at this point in my life. So for my 41st birthday I bought this banded ring of blue diamonds. It's not meant to be fancy... afterall I got it on clearance at Kohl's... but it does carry significance for me. This ring signifies a time in my life where I am embracing yin and yang as represented by the Blue Phoenix. It is a symbolic band that captures the love that I have cultivated for my self and my body on this journey toward wholeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment