Sunday, October 1, 2017

Dancing in the Unknown



I always mark the occasion. Today would have been the 12th Anniversary of starting my business - the day I bravely set out into the unknown of business strategy in home care and hospice. I thought THAT was badass. Holy cow, that was NOTHING.


Then I got knocked in the head in 2011, and a new path came calling....it seems to me that everything before was just practice for the life I lead now. And this life is filled with unknown - I never know where this path is headed! But as I said to a woman in the Breast Center here at Mayo (getting our mammograms), if I really believe in the power of the Holy Spirit (or Universe, or God, or Mother Earth, or Spirit or whatever you want to call it), then it isn't weird to think about surrendering completely to this unseen FLOW and allowing it to MOVE me....And, perhaps even learning to DANCE with it too <3 I never would have understood this life before the accident - but it is the life I lead now - And I am strangely grateful.


So that's my CHURCH this morning. I might go to St. Mary's Cathedral today - I hear it's beautiful. But for now, as I contemplate the unknown, I feel at peace today.






Heather 2011











Heather 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment