Wednesday, August 10, 2016

A Grace Filled Day

Today was filled with Grace. Where do I even begin? Dropping prednisone sucks - yes I had a migraine and felt dizzy as hell, but that meant that I couldn't drive today...so I got to spend the day with my daddo doing stuff in my truck...that alone was Grace!

But then add to it the fact that a woman on the verge of eviction is now going to have money for RENT because of an amazing new friend that I met while picking up a table through a Facebook Buy Sell Trade group. I had no idea how we were going to come up with $500 today....but then Laylia stepped in with $180...and my dad matched her donation...and another person from the Facing Homelessness-Issaquah page (a project I manage) stepped up...and suddenly rent was covered.

When I told the woman that her rent would be paid for, she cried - told me that a friend of hers had died yesterday and she really needed the hugs today. She said that she wants to volunteer to pay it back. And I simply told her that the Facing Homelessness movement isn't about paying anything back - we all need help sometimes. It is about finding our own unique gifts and giving them away...and that's all that is asked of her too!

The Holy Spirit MOVES in such subtle yet powerful ways. I am consistently amazed at what happens when I empty myself to such a degree that I can feel the nudges. Powerful shit. Yes, that's me - seminarian - using curse words. Because sometimes it really is powerful shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment