Sunday, June 2, 2019

"My grace is sufficient for you."

Progress.  Im making progress.  And im learning about new potential diagnoses in the midst of what we already know.   As we name the diagnoses, I become increasingly empowered.

Im up to 3500 steps and I'll increase by 500 every 5 days as I can handle it.   For the first time, I'm on a normal replacement dose of hydrocortisone for adrenal Insufficiency. The pain has been down for the last two days (after a brutal flare last week).  I'm off insulin. Off ivig. Off high dose prednisone. Less nausea. Slowly driving more.  Slowly getting more energy.  And a week of doctor's appts coming up before I head to Mayo in July. 

I'd say im making progress.  We still lack a full understanding of my diagnoses and how they all work together,  hence the Mayo trip.   But we're getting closer.  In the mean time,  I'm healing my microbiome after a month of massive antibiotics.    But holy cow, my weight is going up like I'm on ultra dose prednisone!!!  Grrrrrrr.  Thankfully I see the dietitian and the naturopath this week too.  No advice needed here from the hive... I'll look forward to teasing it apart with my medical team.

This is all to say..... I'm healing so slowly.  And im so thankful for all of the amazing people cheering me on.... helping me to walk this path.... helping me to accept my body as she heals... helping to drive... helping me to finally love myself regardless of whether I'm "perfect" or a mess or somewhere in between.

As my spiritual director encouraged me to explore.....

"My Grace is sufficient for you. " 
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment