Sunday, March 31, 2019

The Gift and Toll of Chronic Illness


I'm feeling astonished by what chronic illness has done to my body....I look so different! But, the truth is that i'm lucky to have discovered what's wrong with me so that I can finally heal. 

 
I'm still fighting, transforming, becoming.... and I like who I am today ON THE INSIDE. I have a strength and a confidence that I didn't have 5 years ago. This former beauty queen is no longer defined by appearance. I stand in complete surrender to God's will for me.

It's lent. Imagine surrendering everything that has defined you up until this moment... money, job, appearance, marriage.... could you trust God enough to place all of these things into the hands of the Divine?

This is my journey. It was initially forced upon me with the brain injury, but now I walk with awareness of the surrender as much as I am able every day. Over the years, I've discovered that although the path is far from easy, it is filled with grace as i have exactly what i need when i need it.

I wouldn't go back to the woman I was in 2013 below (shortly before the divorce was final).... I've grown so much since then.... and I cherish who I am now.

Speak God, thy humble servant is listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment