Friday, March 2, 2018

Looking Back to 2011 this Brain Injury Awareness Month

It's brain injury awareness month. March 6, 2011 was the date of my life changing injury. As I look back on the year after my TBI (Facebook Memories), I feel shocked at how bad it really was. The incapacitating brain fog, headaches, fatigue, vestibular disruption... It's hard to believe that loved ones walked away during a time that I was so injured...hard to believe that I was expected to just bootstrap it out of such a serious crisis...and yet I am grateful. Why? It was through that sifting process that I found God. I also found myself. And I learned to notice those that stayed, those that walked into my life, those that lifted me up when i couldn't do it myself, and ultimately the grace of GOD. When I finally let go of attempts to control and "make people stay," I discovered a power that I couldn't have possibly imagined...and I discovered that I am worthy simply because I am human. I have come so far, and for that I feel deeply grateful...I don't take a single step for granted! Boy does that put this pain flare into perspective <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment