Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Notre Dame and the Path of Descent

The symbolism observed by the devastating fire at the Church of Notre Dame this Holy Week is profound.  The path of descent, Pascal Mystery, Death and Resurrection, Yin/ Yang are readily apparent in the destruction.

Everything must be held loosely.

Moments like this remind me of the root of Christianity- God CRUCIFIED and RESURRECTED.  It's shocking. As Kierkegaard said,  it doesn't fill the pews when you preach the very real suffering and loss that stands in juxtaposition to new life in Christ.   The reality... humans CRUCIFIED God.  And we are loved by God beyond comprehension.

Loss accompanies life.

Hard lessons to contemplate tonight. 
Jesus prayed....Not my will but thine. He knew... and still he surrendered.

From my hospital room,  unable to sleep, feeling compelled to share... may I walk gently this holy week.... may I try to dance as I heal (from my Spiritual Director)... May I maintain a loose hold on things temporal, and a firm grasp on my faith in the Divine Source with heartfelt hope for genuine healing.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment