Sunday, August 26, 2018

Grateful for the Challenges

I look back at where I was a year ago....two years ago....three years ago.....It's been a long trip down the rabbit hole.  Thankfully I didn't know what was coming. But I'm sitting here grateful.  I've been carved out in ways that I never could've imagined. Brought to my knees so many times that it's now my default posture. And my roots run so much deeper....so much so that I feel almost silly for the things I was caught up in just a few short years ago. I've discovered that as I grow and learn, I become more humble...I'm less concerned with image and more concerned with substance...I cultivate my awareness of the LOVE that is everywhere...and i empty myself...Entering into POVERTY so that it's GOD that fills me up.

It took losing my health to gain this understanding. It's up to God if I get my physical health back.

But I choose to think of myself as healthy at this moment.  Although I'd like to be restored to physical wellness, I feel such deep gratitude for the lessons that I've learned.

I'm a Secular Franciscan. I'm a minister. I bravely say YES to God, on my knees, and then I wait.

This is the prayer that started it all for me after the TBI....
"Speak GOD, Thy humble servant is listening."

No comments:

Post a Comment