Friday, January 22, 2016

Journey of Healing through Art (2013 Video)

I had a life changing "mild" TBI in 2011 - it's been almost exactly 5 years. Given the timing of the movie Concussion, and the approaching anniversary of the injury, I wanted to share this video. 

I was a CEO at the time. My career, marriage and the life as I knew it ended with the injury. But a new life emerged in its place. I suddenly developed the ability to paint - it's called Acquired Savantism/Accidental Genius. I'm among those tracked by Dr. Darold Treffert, the expert on this topic. 

I documented my journey in 2013 for a graduate school project...telling my story through art. It's a 9 minute video. Using color and art in tandem with a great deal of persistence, I have come so far in my healing journey. Always grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment