Saturday, February 25, 2017

Walk Gently

2 Corinthians 4:8-9
"We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed"

As i have discussed before,  i live with dysautonomia and adrenal insufficiency after a traumatic brain injury in 2011. I blog about many topics....and living with this chronic condition is one of the topics i explore.

After a marathon dental appointment, which exacerbates dysautonomia and adrenal insufficiency, my doctor gave me extra steroids and iv fluids. It's working! I might actually drive my daughter to deliver neighborhood girl scout  cookies on her way to horse lessons... and I just got the badges on her girl scout vest. These are huge accomplishments when walking SLOWLY out of a crash. 

If you have never experienced the level of fatigue where you can't even do basic things....be grateful!  Think of it like the worst flu you've ever had.....but it just keeps going. and. ...you still have to parent your child,  cook meals, get groceries, etc.  The world keeps going in spite of illness. 

I remember one day when i was married, sick with stomach flu, alone with my daughter, wondering how single parents do it. Well...Now I've learned that you just do it.  And you live amongst a chosen tribe of amazing people that step in to help when you just CAN'T.  My tribe is among the greatest blessings in life.  And you find a warrior within that's so much stronger than my old CEO/Keynote speaking self...she's the woman that moves mountains and does the impossible every day...humbly...quietly. 

So don't judge the mom on her phone, or shame the mom that packs lunchables one day,  or think less of the woman that "has let herself go" by gaining some extra weight or not wearing makeup......because she might just be holding the world together one step at a time.

Walk gently in the lives of others.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment