Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Iv Hydration....Life with Dysautonomia and Adrenal Insufficiency

Life with Dysautonomia and Adrenal Insufficiency means IV hydration is so important and vascular access is very difficult.  It took an hour but we got the IV in and hopefully this will help me feel better for the next couple of days.  It's important to bring these invisible things out of the shadows because we all have areas of suffering and difficulty. It's the mess of life that unites us all.. it's something we all have in common.... and it is where God meets us with grace.
How many people can say they can SEE their body change before their eyes?  With each walk to the restroom i looked in the mirror and noticed more fluid in my face and neck. This is steroids mixed with hydration. And it's needed right now.  



Why am I sharing about this?  Because I'll start hiding if I don't...see...I've learned that it's easier to just be open. If I'm not, I start hiding....and that doesn't serve anyone. I choose not to live in isolation. I believe in love. Even if it means having the badass courage to love myself when I don't always recognize the person looking back at me. I'm learning to look deeper. My eyes never change no matter what my body goes through. For that I'm grateful.

And at the end of the day (quite literally) I had enough energy to get a horse hug from my big warhorse/physical therapist/service animal Harvey. And that makes it all worth it!  Horse Hugs Heal.


No comments:

Post a Comment