Sunday, February 19, 2017

I still believe in LOVE

I still believe in Love. Even after all of the suffering, the pain, the broken moments and the times I have had to crawl out of the darkness again and again, I know that Love is ever present. It is constantly transforming, changing, cleansing, and urging me into a truer version of myself. It may take the often expected form of contentment and joy, or it may manifest as a feeling of being held precariously above an abyss so great and incomprehensible that it can only be described as Mystery. Sometimes it feels like a soulful cry; a yearning; a sudden push of momentum; or a painful burning away of the cartilage surrounding old wounds from the past.

Love is not for the faint of heart. Love is courageous. It brings me into alignment along a path that is tumultuous, scoured with the sandy granules that the Divine uses to shape me into my Calling.
This is Love.

But I didn’t always understand what Love meant. In fact, I still find myself wondering if I am even capable of comprehending the meaning of the word. Still, I know that there is an innate knowing of Love within me. It is within all of us. It is a gift that was given to me before I emerged alive with tears from my mother’s womb, yet I have spent a lifetime trying to find a Love that would simply stay. What kind of Love is that?

Art - Expansion, by Paige Bradley


No comments:

Post a Comment