Tuesday, April 25, 2017

I'm Finding Homeostasis

Major Accomplishment! I didn't need Iv fluids today. I'm finding homeostasis. The water is slowly draining out of my tissues, but it's staying in my blood stream and BP is steady. So it was time to drop steroids again (always uncomfortable but worth it).

I'm sooooooo grateful for this journey, albeit painful at times.....I'm even grateful for the sudden hearing loss and the summer of Prednisone, because without it I never would have discovered what was underlying all my health problems all these years....a lifelong pituitary struggle going back to my first TBI at age 5.

I prayed for health. I'm getting it. But healing is never easy. There's a dying of the old to make room for the new. Transformation is badass.

And my big Harvey warhorse is ready....Trainer says all the new old man meds are working, his new shoes are on point, and he's the best he's been in a long time. No retirement for my big boy! 

It's almost time for me to ride again!

No comments:

Post a Comment