Monday, April 17, 2017

Dare to be REAL

I'm participating in a vulnerability challenge that I actually feel very excited about. Those who know me know that I believe very strongly in the courage that it takes to be REAL - not in an endeavor to obtain approval from others, but in an effort to grow in my own embodiment.
So today I feel incredibly swollen (I successfully drank 100 ounces of water yesterday and I'm headed in for more via IV). THAT'S A HUGE SUCCESS. But as I was getting dressed, I started to feel myself judging my body. Then I paused.....

Walk Gently. My body is undergoing transformation and healing. She is awakening from a slumber caused by hypopituitarism, adrenal insufficiency, hyperthyroidism, dysautonomia, and all sorts of other endocrine problems as a result of a traumatic brain injury 6 years ago.

So I changed my thinking. What can I do to show this God given vessel that I love her. And the answer is simple....it's how I speak to others....it's how I talk with my daughter.... Expand, contract, flow, swell...I will love you regardless! And most importantly I will fully support you as you learn to trust me again (in the wake of anorexia) and as you come to find balance in all systems.  Unconditional love.

As for images, it would be easy to take a photograph from an upper camera angle that looks more flattering.  Camera angles are quite fascinating in today's day and age. I've taken two images for the purposes of this post - one above, one below. But neither reflect ME. The truth is that 2-dimensions cannot possibly capture the ineffable beauty that is the human form.

No comments:

Post a Comment