Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Facing Homelessness - LOVE TRANSFORMS







Today, thanks to the generosity of this new community, I had the pleasure of dropping off much needed supplies to Les. As soon as I saw him, I wanted to just reach out and hug him (and I did)!!! He was vibrant - with a fresh hair cut and new clothes and a glimmer in his eyes. He told me how wonderful the people have been coming to visit and bring food/water. He expressed incredible joy at finally feeling like he has a path to move forward - he said he felt HOPE. I could see it in his eyes!
That's when I handed him the gas cards he needed, along with a grocery card. And because of the generosity of all of you, I told him to let me know when he needs more...and I can provide it for him. I also gave him a full hygiene kit for both Les and Mary Ann including soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, sanitary pads, shampoo and razors. A meal was included, along with cliff bars and an entire package of bottled water. His reaction was one of leaping joy! He told me that his phone is all connected, and he is making progress on the situation that involves the former landlord.
It's amazing what LOVE can do. Thank you to everyone who contributed!! I will keep you all informed.
Read the full story below - and please LIKE this page! LOVE Matters.
https://www.facebook.com/facinghomelessnessissaquahwa/

No comments:

Post a Comment