Saturday, June 22, 2019

SPEAKING in Color

I read this last night thru random opening of scripture, and it illuminated something deeply important about my use of language.  As I try to force myself into linear writing to produce a book,  I keep crashing.... but the language of art,  color,  poetry, Theopoetics... it all comes so easily... and it IS language.   Just as my deaf grandmother spoke in the imagery of sign language, I speak through art.  Then I read this verse from Corinthians and it literally left me collapsed. I slept better than I have in recent memory. Now it's time to paint, and I believe I have something to say.

1 Corinthians 2:12 NIV

12What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.

13This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.

14The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

15The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16for,

“Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?”

But we have the mind of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment