Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Flepped

So few people understand chronic illness until it happens to them.  It's one of the reasons I speak so openly about it.  It keeps me honest,  as lord knows I'd like to pretend that all is well and that always gets me into trouble.   But there's more to it... we live at a time when Boomers are aging with multiple chronic illnesses and the system isn't prepared to handle it.  Let's face it,  families are often unaware of the journey involved in extended care of someone with chronic illness.  So we must talk about it.

How am I today? Well,  I'm flattened. Flepped. Stuck on this sofa until my fever goes back down. That's why I am so careful around people who are sick.

Yesterday was a good day.  Tomorrow might be better.  But today sucks.  There are good days and rough days and everything in between when living with chronic illness. Just for today I cancel everything and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment