Friday, December 8, 2017

FLASHBACK! The day I decided to start selling art (Feb 2012)

Today's flashback comes from February 2012...I had been selected for my first ever art exhibits. I was going to showcase my paintings at two different venues, and I was terrified!  The idea of being a working artist seemed so unattainable...and yet I had the bold courage to walk toward the goal. Here I am now, a working artist and an emerging theologian...but I am once again in the position of having to climb back from the depths of health challenges...and so I found this inspirational today. I hope you enjoy! (I have included some of the art that I created during this time).

FLASHBACK
FEBRUARY 2012

I have been thinking about this idea of selling my artwork…It has been on my mind for quite a while.  I have tried not to give it too much power over the last several months, because it had the potential to destroy my creative drive. When I think about the “commercial viability” of my work, I find that my critic begins to take over the entire painting process. Most importantly, the critic is a terrible painter! Thus, I have had to learn to silence the critic, and just allow the question of selling art to rest in my consciousness until I was good and ready.


This morning, I woke up with a calm sense of certainty. I have always been aware that there are several pieces that are not for sale because they are a part of a larger project to document my journey of healing. These paintings are intensely personal, and will be used for something big. I’m not sure exactly what yet, but I have my ideas (LOL)! That said, I’m producing a lot of paintings these days, and there are pieces that I would be willing to part with. Therefore, I feel like I am ready to consider selling some work. Furthermore, I am also exploring the idea of doing some limited commissionable pieces. If you are interested in either of these options, email me at rbcourage@yahoo.com.


All of this requires bravery – Rainbow Courage if you will – but as I continue my journey, I am taking one step forward at a time… occasionally terrified, mostly joyous!


So check out my new page – Art For Sale. For now, it’s a limited list…but hopefully it will grow as I grow in courage.
















No comments:

Post a Comment