Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Sudden Deafness and Gravitas

I have realized that the start of each new quarter often comes with a health issue of some sort. I mean seriously...sudden deafness???  I can't help but think of the concept of "gravitas" that was discussed by St. Augustine. When getting closer and closer to the calling that is before me, I feel gravitas pulling me away from the path.  For a very long time, I didn't listen to my body.  This required that i learn to say NO, to be honest about my limitations, and to set limits for myself.  But now, I am in a new phase. Instead of succumbing to the health issue, or blindly pushing ahead and ignoring my body, I am learning pacing while lovingly continuing to walk the path. God's got this.  I don't have to be perfect. In fact, I am better minister BECAUSE of these challenges...because I EMBRACE the Paschal Mystery in daily life. It's a both/and existence for me. So...I am learning to have these health issues arise AND continue to bravely lead the life I am called to embrace. I think this is what it means to be in harmony....ineffable harmony as John the Scot said.

No comments:

Post a Comment