Saturday, May 21, 2016

Body LOVE

What would happen if ONE DAY we women awoke to actually LOVE our bodies? Every wrinkle. Every curve. Every flaw. All of it! 

What if we celebrated every aspect of our bodies for for they are...miracles of being alive!  I can say with certainty that the world as we know it would change forever. 

I took the photo below after unloading two giant hay bales that the guys at the Grange struggled to lift (I'm STRONG) and recognizing that I'm the same weight i was when my exhusband said he didn't like my body for the last time ... Time to let that shit go.

It's badass courage to choose to LOVE my body.  THIS BODY. I'm getting there.  But as I've learned in seminary...this BODY is a part of what it means to be HUMAN. Iranaeus reminds us that this flesh is GOOD.  Every single cell.  And the day will come that i look back on this body with such gratitude. Why shouldn't i feel that LOVE now?

No comments:

Post a Comment